Milan - stop on the way to Tunisia!

I just got back to wonderful, cool, green, wet Norway from a great vacation in hot, dry Tunisia. So here come the stories!

My friend, from Tunisia, Latifa, and I agreed that a vacation in July in Tunisia would be great. (We aren't too smart!) I arranged for son Neal to come. I had bought a Groupon coupon for a trip from Oslo to a major European city that I figured would be useful, too. My coupon ended up NOT saving me much, because I had to spend two nights in Berlin, coming and going, plus spend a whole day in Milan. Not wasting my travelogue money, though, I headed downtown to the cathedral. It is an outstanding Gothic creation,

with paintings hanging from the ceiling dividing sections of the interior,

and lots of places to light candles in memory of people (hi, Grandma!)

and an underground vault for bodies

and all sorts of views from the roof.

 The plaza was well-protected by lots of different sorts of police or guards, some with big guns. I wonder if the economy has a cause-and-effect relationship here...

The shopping mall was a beautiful cross between outside and inside - note the roof.

I sat at a cafe' watching lovebirds and tourists for a while, before heading back to the airport.


 Onward to meeting Neal and Latifa's brother in the Tunis airport!

Comments