Crazy weekend in Bergen

Well, first was the company summer party at the Trot Park or Travparken. I got to race a pony! Wait, I think the pony raced me. I know I had no control over him, and he ran the whole way plus some. He was NOT SUPPOSED to gallop, he was supposed to TROT. But would he listen to me? We ended up in the grass median, thrown out of the competition. I don't have a picture, but if I get one, I'll add it later.

Saturday was Torgdag, or Market Day. So much going on!
The national police department band competition was happening in Torgalmenningen.

There was a competition of fire departments at Festplassen.

Tons of kids were playing video games in the main library. The rhodies are all in bloom.

By the time I got to the harbor, Vågen, the actual focus of Torgdag, I was having a wonderful time! Torgdag was started as a "we're better than you!" thing between the people that live on the sea coast and those uppity town-livers in Bergen.

Lots of antique boats 
I had to buy a new fire extinguisher and some smoked trout - they made me do it!

Comments