Bergen, summer 2016, rainiest EVER

School has begun. So NOW the sun comes out. Bergen had the rainiest summer ever, since they started recording in 1861. Starting at the summer solstice and up till Aug 14, there were only four, count them, 4 days with no rain. And this in the city known as the rainiest city in Europe! Meanwhile,
Models responsible for whacky weather - my favorite statistician looks at models and weather, but not like you would expect!


My summer involved making a Viking outfit in preparation for attending the Viking Market on the nearby island, Askøy, at the end of August. (Rain is in the 14 day forecast. :( ) Compare my previous Viking costume:
with my new one:

I'll post another pic when it's really finished.

The Bergen Philharmonic (Bergen Filharmoniske Orkester) had its summer concert last night, and I tried out my new camera and wide-angle lens on it.
Here's a bit from the middle of the 1812 overture, with Edward Gardner as conductor:

Comments