Three Months Later... Good news!

This week was my 3-months-after-diagnosis-with-lung-cancer checkup. I was surprised! It was good news! The lung tumor was 33% smaller. So was the largest lymph node. Whoop! Whoop!

My dreams were full of bad omens beforehand. I have a terrible cold right now. No, not COVID, I checked. Waking up coughing meant I got to remember my dream of Ed sitting by my bedside. An omen? Guess not!

My friend T went with me to the hospital for moral support. She is a patient for breast cancer. We were both looking at all the bulletin boards. What support is there for each of us? A lot, actually. After I got the good news, we decided to find Vardesenteret, the meeting place for cancer patients and their caretakers. We stayed in the tunnels under the hospital complex, because "Baby, it's cold outside".  After following tunnel 67 for ages, then turning onto tunnel 68, we found the door. Aren't tunnels disorienting? We opened the door, and... we were in a parking garage under the patient hotel. T went right, I went left, and we searched for another sign. This had become a quest! T found it, a cozy little house across the street.

Vardesenteret is a welcoming place for coffee and conversation, for lessons about things like nutrition or the latest in lung cancer research. Or you can sit quietly in the library, a paneled room with bookshelves up the wall opposite the couch and windows that overlook Bergen. The webpage, which is in Norwegian, tells about all the activities and offers. Tuesdays, they serve hot lunch! I intend to go, socialize, and practice speaking Norwegian.   

Keeping up the good fight

All your good wishes, prayers, or charms are working!


Comments

  1. ♥️♥️♥️💪🙏

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pilla. Getting caught up with blog reading (we got your card). Wow, you have indeed been through a lot in the 2nd half of last year. Here is to hoping for more good news in 2024. Goodbye to 2023.....Joe and Tami

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment