Becoming a permanent resident in Bergen

I got assigned or picked a doctor effective Aug 1. Today I called his office to make an appointment, but the message was in Norwegian, and didn't end in "beep". So after work I walked over there. The front door was unlocked. The inner door was unlocked. But no one was behind the glass wall. I called "Hello?" Nothing. So I tried the door to the inside of the offices, and it was unlocked, too! I followed the sound of a keyboard, passing my doctor's name on a piece of paper on a door. There was a doctor typing, so I said "Hello?" again. I explained that I had just moved here, and that Dr. Dalaker was my doctor now, and that I wanted an appointment. He thought he could help with that, and sure enough, he did. I managed to recite my name, my address, my work and its address, found my personal number in my bag, and gave my phone number. He was impressed with how well I did with all that. I was trying to use Norwegian for numbers and letters, but kept slipping back into English. :( Anyway, I have an appointment for Aug 21.

The doctor is right near our new apartment. I have just moved into a permanent apartment - WooHoo! It's really spacious (100 sq m) and very open, with a wall of windows in every room looking out over the harbor. I love watching the boat traffic. I've seen 2 WesternGeco boats dock in the last few days, which is kind of cool. Neither of them are ones that trail the streamers we make at work, though. Here are a couple of pictures of the apartment.


Ed is going to love it when he gets here. Only 9 more days!! You see we have room for company.

Katarina and I went on another Saturday evening hike a couple weekends ago, and I just had to share this serene scene with you. It was a magical evening.

Comments

  1. Very nice. do you mean 1000 sq m? 100 doesn't seem like much, 300 sq ft? But 1000 seems like a lot. Nice views. Love the last picture.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment