Care Package from Dear Friends

How fortunate can I be? Today I got a wonderful care package from my Boeing friends. I guess they were responding to the one line from my last posting about being sick. They sent graphic novels (new improved comic books)! Also the Sigma Six GI Joe that I left for Michael, my "engineer" whistle, a book full of gorgeous pictures of nature, and the Sunday funnies for padding. Not only that, but two wonderful get-well cards. Thank you Anastasia, other signers, and especially Michael for putting it all together! You know me too well.

I have been totally spoiled by Ed, here wearing "his" apron and pulling dinner out of the oven. It was so great to get back home from the hospital and get pampered by Ed.


Sunday morning, when we woke up, the rain was tattooing the windows. The weather forecast said something about snow, but we scoffed. Hah! Suddenly, the sun came out and the sky was crystal blue. There was powdered sugar on the mountaintops! It took us a while to decide to go out for a walk, so the minute we walked out the door, the clouds came back. We walked for a couple of hours, with our great REI raincoats, and then stopped at Moliere's, my favorite wine-chocolate-coffee shop. I had a couple of dark chocolate truffels and a decaf cappuccino, Ed had a leaded cappuccino, and we enjoyed being in the warm, friendly inside. What a wonderful day it was!
We have no explanation for this old sailboat that we found...

Comments