Ed and Terry and Rick

Ed's friend Terry came to visit this week. The two of them went to Balestrand, on the Sognefjord, and checked into a hotel recommended by Rick Steves. There was a Rick Steves Scandinavia book on the floor in the lobby, so Ed asked Terry, "Is that yours? Did it fall out of your bag?" Terry roots around in his bag and comes up with his copy. The owner then said, "Oh, that's ours. Do you know Rick Steves?" Terry and Ed admitted to loving his travel books, owning his DVDs, following his blog, and even that I download his radio shows to my iPod. "Well," she says, "he's staying in the room across the hall from yours!" He was checking whether his book was still accurate before coming back in August with a film crew to do a show. Ed texted me about it, and I told him I wouldn't believe it without a picture. So here it is!



In the breakfast room at the Balestrand Hotell. What lucky guys!

Comments

  1. Wow! That's awesome! Ed looks like a little guy next to him...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool story. Steves definitely gets around. I've got a photo I'll send to your hotmail address.

    Joe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the photo and story, BowlingJoe. I'd like to hear you and Rick singing ;)
    I didn't know he was so tall, either, Debbie. Terry is a tall guy, so the two tall guys make Ed look shorter, but it's just an optical illusion (just trying to make Ed feel better about your comment).

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment