KnarvikMila - a race weekend

The weekend was nicer than recent weather. Good news for the Knarvikmila, which has runs from a half-marathon down to 5K, and nature walks through the forest and up the hills. Ed and I signed up for the 7.5K nature walk. You see from the sky in the picture that my idea of nice weather has changed from what it used to be in Phoenix. It was 12 C or 54 F on a thermometer along the way, and it had just finished raining. Perfect weather for hiking!

Roasting hot dogs at halfway through the hike - now that's fun! Up to this point, we hiked with a woman from work, but then she stayed on the lower, shorter route. We went up, up, up. They even had a rope tied to trees at a couple of sections to help you up and down. But what views!


We started down just near that marshy lake. That's the floating bridge in the distance that I can see from my office. We continued up from here, but darn! the camera batteries died. So no picture of us wearing our medals. It was fun to get a goody bag. I used to do races and collect goody bags all the time, so I wanted to see how different it was in Norway. Answer: Not very. It was lots of fun.

Comments