Hike to Fight Breast Cancer


Ed and I had a wonderful 5k hike up on Mt. Floyen today, supporting the fight against breast cancer. The atmosphere was family-friendly. You could pick 2k, 5k, or 10k routes, and along the route you could rock-climb, row, or do a run cross-country with time stations.

At the turn-around point for the 5k, there is a snack hut with ice cream bars. Ice cream is one of the best foods for Ed these days. Of course, I have to eat one, too!

As our reward, we got pink ribbon pins at the end. But the real reward was a beautiful fall day in the forest!

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. (Ooops sorry; not quite with it this morning - trying to amend a significant typo)

    In my book it doesn't get much better than that - the sort of activity that's 'right up my street'(if only, lol). But I can't complain if my environment is a little less rugged!
    And all in a good cause too. Wear those (medal) ribbons proudly you two. Glad to see you looking fighting fit.

    Love and best wishes from

    David xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment