How could I be 60?

Ed arranged a party for my 60th birthday with friends at Lille Escalon tapas restaurant. We had so much fun! Everyone celebrated Ed's great news, as much as my veteran status.

Janne and Natalia came to help celebrate. We had three hours at the restaurant for the dozen of us. Ten tapas is Ed's and my special favorite, so that's what we ordered for everyone to share. Yumm!

Little Emil charmed Ed, Ingrid and his papa Robert! Good company all around.

Look at this awesome chocolate birthday cake! It was covered with mint leaves, strawberries (in January?!), blueberries, and that fruit that looks like a kiwi, only not green. The sheets of dark chocolate are not just around the edges, they are in the filling, too. Young Dominika helped me blow out the candles. Couldn't have earned my wish without her.
It was a wonderful evening. Thank you, Ed, for arranging it! Thank you, friends, for making it special.

Comments

  1. Ed looks great! What a wonderful birthday party.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Dee! Yes, it was a fun party. Monday at work, they had another party for me. They ordered a huge marzipan cake, and I baked a chocolate layer cake. WesternGeco gave me a gift certificate that's good at thousands of places for 1000 kr, or about $165. My friends/colleagues gave me an alpacca Oleana sweater-jacket that is just beautiful. I got all mushy. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had a great time and well deserved when you reach the 60! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment