Budapest pictures

The European Organization for Quality Congress has been very well run. They made sure we enjoyed the beautiful capital of Hungary, and ooh, the food!
Hungarian goulash soup is my absolute favorite food here. The chocolate and fruit desserts are giving the goulash a run for the money, though!

That soup was the start of the dinner at the Lazar Equestrian Park about an hour north of Budapest. But BEFORE dinner, they had a great horse riding show, and we got a carriage ride in the woods, too.

Check out the sidesaddle sidestepping, a la Sissy, the favorite empress in these parts.


This horseman is standing on the haunches of the rear two horses, while controlling the front three!

The next night I went on the optional Danube tour. It was too dark for good pictures, but Budapest becomes so beautiful with the warm lights on the fabulous buildings.
This picture was on the walk to the Danube cruise. That's parliament.

After the conference sessions one day, I took these pictures. The first is looking upward inside a bank building. The security guard told me I couldn't do that - but he was too late.

Outside, it has been hot! But not for these children.  
 After the final day factory tour, I hopped on the metro, a tram and a bus to get out to the Memorial Park. That's where they decided to put all the Communist statues. The statues were quite strong, I guess is the word. They also had a very interesting film about how secret agents were trained, a collage of many actual training films. Creeepy!

Tomorrow, I fly back to Bergen. I'll miss the over 30 C sunny weather! I am bringing back a bottle of Tokaj white wine and Bull's Blood red wine. Who wants to try them with me?

Comments

  1. Great story and photos, Pilla. Even if we never get there, we've certainly learned a thing or two as is the case with all of your "travel" posts.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment