A Beautiful Day

It was a crisp, clear Saturday, perfect for running a few errands outside. I dropped off some stuff at Fretex (Salvation Army), but couldn't just leave stuff, I had to buy books, of course. I got a couple of Sue Grafton mysteries, and "Waiting to Exhale". I have neither read the latter nor watched the movie yet. The next stop was the cafe in the Stenersens Cafe' in the Bergen Art Museum. Very popular place! Whenever I go there, there's a line at the counter and it's hard to find a seat. No surprise there - the food is good and the mochas are beautiful.
I sat at the counter looking out over Festplassen, and saw lots of tents and flags. That became my next destination. It turns out, there was a small Christmas Market, with booths from all different countries. I bought a table-runner from the French booth. It's Teflon coated, so you can spill red wine on it and it's okay. Nice!

Notice the low angle of the sunlight. This is 1 o'clock. The days are really getting short - 7 hr 47 min yesterday, from 8:30 am to 4:16 pm.

I continued on to the shopping center to buy some pillow covers for my guest bedroom. Guess what! I have cleaned all the stored stuff out, hung the American DVD player and the Oregon Trail painting on the walls, covered the daybed with pillows, and am now ready for company! Any takers?

Last stop was the grocery store to buy ingredients for Tom Kha Gai soup. It's made with coconut milk, chicken, curry, hot and sweet chili sauce, and in this case, shrimp. Turned out good!

I missed sharing the day with Ed. But I'll share it after the fact with you!

Comments