Vidden Over by Night hike

A couple of years ago, Ed and I walked from Ulriken to Floyen around behind the lake above Bergen. Here's the storyhttp://butterflyinnorway.blogspot.no/2009/07/we-summitted-another-mountain.html, from July 2009. A mountain plateau is called vidde, and this hike is Vidden Over. "By Night", this time, since we started at 7 pm. Last time, we took 8 hours. The guidebook says it takes 5 hours. The organizers of this hike closed the finish line at 12:30, so 5-1/2 hours after we started. This time, I got the WesternGeco Hiking Club to go, so there were six of us.
 I made sure to get a picture before we started, because I knew I'd never see them again! We actually walked in 3 pairs. Bente and Zoltan made it by 11:30, Vandita and Hemant by 12:15, and Jannicke by 12:30. She hopped a motorcycle ride at the end, because Bente was her ride and waiting for her. I actually never made it to the finish line. I couldn't find it. Yep, another adventure!

Let me show you some of the views. You can add these to the pictures from the 2009 post, which was during a misty day. This day was much better weather.
Jannicke climbing Ulriken


Yes, there was still snow up there!

Jannicke's shoe came apart early on, but she made it!

Looking out over the Bergen fjord from the plateau

11:15 pm, sunset. We hadn't made it to Rundemann yet.
When Ed and I did it, we didn't climb up Ulriken, we rode the cable car. This time, we climbed. I made it to somewhere near the finish line by 12:33 am, so I did the hike in 5-1/2 hours, a huge improvement! Thank you, Bente, Zoltan, Hemant, Vandita, and Jannicke for going with me.

Comments

  1. Merci Pilla for your comment on Chef Marthe
    a wonderful experience I am sure
    And you live in Norway!!
    merci carolg

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment