Lovely weekend - ending in crutches

The weekend started out so perfect! Sun was shining, science fair was on downtown, and I had no plans. I love the annual science fair. It's always packed with families. There are always lots of fun activities for the kids.
A Teddy bear getting doctored
Chemical magic turns colors clear
Nobody starves and there was free coffee
The whole town was soaking up the sun, even though coats were in order

Sunday, I fixed French toast, read my book, went to yoga class, and then to ice skating. Yoga is such a great way to gently move your whole body. Ice skating was fun. I haven't done that in a couple of years. A couple of little girls and I were laughing and doing tricks like touching our toes. I got brave, and was trying to lift one leg off the ice. I fell three times. If you don't fall, you're not learning, right? But the third time, I landed on my right knee - hard.

I hobbled over to the Bybanen light rail and back home. I applied RICE (rest, ice, compression, elevation) for a couple of hours. No help. So I broke down, called a taxi, and went to the legevakt (emergency room). The place was hopping! I don't mean that literally. ;-) Everyone had been out injuring themselves in the sunshine. Four hours later, I was home with crutches. No sign of a broken knee, but I go back in a week and a half for a checkup. Now I have to learn to walk with crutches!

Comments