Part 2 of my long French weekend - the Mediterranean!

Friday, Oct 4th, I stood in the Atlantic, and Sunday, Oct 6th, I stood in the Mediterranean. What fun!
 
Whew! The water was cold. But the day was fine. Windy, but sunny. The beach was beautiful sand.
Other pictures from our drive south along the coast follow.

Huge piles of fishing nets. Many were made of quite fine plastic fibers.



Wouldn't you love to live in that house?
Or how about that one on the hilltop?


No idea why those turtles are squashed into that column.

Lunch - all the beaches were full, so we ate on these steps.


The view while we ate. I think this is Port Vendres.


The geology was amazing - we're entering the Pyrenees.

Calla and Tom looking through the crystal clear water.


The road winds right next to the Mediterranean, through the vineyards and up into the Pyrenees mountains.
The Border Crossing! Not used so much since the EU made it irrelevant. I am half in France, half in Spain.


Really cool art museum, in Figueres, I think.



Very very old olive tree.


I just like it. Also, greenery manages to survive in the most inhospitable places.
 

Good food - goat cheese salad.

Centuries old bell, a gargoyle, and modern buildings
 

Inside the church with the centuries old bell.

 
Back home in Perpignan. The next day was my travel day, while the Pearces continued the adventure.


Comments