"Racing" up Fløien

Today seemed like a good day to race up Fløien. Need to get in shape for when Deanna and I race up Machu Picchu next month! I took my camera along. Started the timer at the bottom stop of the Fløibanen and started up. Passed a group of retired women coming down, and a group of retired men passed me on the way up. I no longer have any shame about being passed by people much older than me, after seven years of experience! But then, I saw this:

Ummm. Maybe I won't actually race up.

Water was falling down everywhere, so I took waterfall pictures with different settings. I like these:


Storms Nina and Ola really put the hurt on Fløien! Lots and lots of downed trees. This picture was supposed to go out of clear focus in the distance, but I haven't figured that out yet, apparently.

 The next one shows one trail closed, and you can see why, by the side of the trail.

Almost at the top! The grade school (not served by a school bus):

After half again as long as usual, I got to my reward - a cup of hot chocolate. And that glorious view.

Deciding not to try "slip slidin' away", I took the Fløibanen back down to town.

Ya gotta love Bergen!

Comments