Bømlo staycation

Staying home during the COVID-19 pandemic makes you stir-crazy, doesn't it? And all of my summer plans and even fall plans and maybe even winter plans are canceled! I am grateful to be in Norway, where the government put us in lockdown right away, and have followed the science ever since. But Timmi and I just had our first trip since lockdown started March 12th!

Bømlo is south of Bergen about 1-1/2 hours by hurtigboat. Timmi sat on my lap for the whole adventure. What a good boy! I had reserved a room there before the festival was canceled, and I decided to just get away from home for a night, even with nothing going on there.

We walked for hours. There were sheep to "baa" at. There were factories to wonder what they did. There were people laughing and jumping into the water. They're constructing a "catapult" place to be a high tech startup training place (lots of big machines and dust). But the best walk was named Stangarvågen Rundt.

It's an island! Water, water, everywhere. And a sunny day!




This must have been Selsvatnet. Nice spot to grill.
This is from an earlier walk, but we loved it, too.
We had a nice getaway. Timmi was so well behaved, even when I had to leave him in the room while I ate dinner and breakfast. He's a great travelling companion! (Coming home was still nice...)

Comments