A Timmi Update

There's a spring in Timmi's step now. He has been tortured and abused for the last week, though. The vet found very bad teeth and had to remove a dozen of them. He is nearly toothless now, poor thing. That is common for little old dogs. It is important to me that he not have pain. Keeping more teeth but with pain every time you try to chew on a treat - nope.

Who's the best boy?

Tuesday was the torture day. Besides the teeth, his blood test pointed to kidney problems. The vet said that I had to get a urine sample from the first potty-walk, before he drinks anything. "How do I do that?" I asked. She gave me a yellow scoop/funnel with a sample tube. Every time Timmi lifted his leg, I would swoop in. Timmi would lower his leg and not give even a drop. He was moving slow on Wednesday, but by Thursday he was feeling well enough to run away from me when I swooped in. 

***Timmi 1, Mom 0***

The teeth results after a week were (drumroll) perfect mouth, no infection! 

Tomorrow morning, Timmi and I will have a rematch. I will have a larger urine-catcher. Wish me luck! 

Comments

  1. Hope Mom scores a point!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Success! I scored a point! The urine sample results show his kidneys aren't working as well as they should, though. Tomorrow, he starts soft food for kidneys. Then, in a month, I get to chase him around with a urine sample thingy again. ~Pilla

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment