Hiking around Bergen with Other Seniors

One of the best things about living here in Bergen: walking out the door to hike the mountains. The other day, a surprise text message from Bergen introduced the Senior Group. They are over 65, and go hiking several times and places each week. So, sure, I signed up for the next "easy" tour, around the top of Fløien. 

Twenty-nine folks with white hair, surgery scars, and enthusiasm

The town in the distance over the mountain view 

The morning was sunny and just the right temperature. We started by leaving the gravel trail. This is when I realized that "easy" still means "bring your walking sticks". I am proud to announce that I did not do a single face-plant!


Lunch at the top of a dam

Two of us were first-timers. Everyone greeted us with applause! Stumbling through my Norwegian worked. This is going to be a good way to practice my norsk. I'm definitely signing up for more.

In closing, Disney has arrived even here!

Comments

  1. Well done og lykke till! Har det gøy! K. ,🦋

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! Can I move to Norway? There won't be any mountain hiking in Benin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure, Debbie! That would be great! But our mountains are much smaller than Tajikistan's. Can't wait to see Benin.

      Delete

Post a Comment